Unbelievable but true, 150 CC bike with basic look within Rs. 45,000/-. One of theIndia’s largest 2 wheeler manufacturing company Bajaj automobiles announced of its new Bajaj Boxer BM 150, which will hit the market very soon. The bike is powered by 144.8 CC DTSi engine which can produce 12.8 bhp power and 12.7 NM torque. The bike is specially targeted for rural people.
Feature and Specification
- Bajaj Boxer BM 150 is targeted towards rural people.
- The bike is powered by a 144.8cc DTSi engine with a conventional single spark plug. Engine head is black colored with the remaining engine silver in color. The engine can produce 12.8 bhp power and 12.7 NM torque.
- The look of the bike is basic look. Round headlamp with a big windshield, round-oval orange side blinkers, basic tank, leveled seat, metallic grab rail cum light load holders. Rear looks similar to older generation Boxer with a similar tail light
- The bike has commuter seating posture and spoke wheels.
- The new Boxer BM 150 has self start comes as standard with kick start provision.
- The bike has drum brakes both at the front and rear to keep costs under control.
- Instrument panel consists of a speedometer calibrated till 140 kmph, odometer and a fuel gauge along with the neutral gear, upper and side blinkers indicators.
- Rear tire is 100/90 – 17 and front tire is a meaty 3.00 – 17 where the general convention is 2.75. Both tires are tube type.
- Front suspension are the regular tubular telescopic whereas the rear are the Bajaj’s popular Spring in Spring (SNS) suspension.
- Bajaj has kept its name away from the motorcycle. The only place which makes you sure that this is a Bajaj production is the small Bajaj symbol at the engine. At the tank ‘BOXER’ and side panels ‘BM150’ is printed.
Officially, the price of Bajaj Boxer BM 150 is not known, but it is expected the price is around Rs. 43,000/-You may also be interested in:
arun on August 27th 2011 in Bajaj