The introducer of small car concept TATA Motors has divulged a new generation of mini car named TATA Pixel.It is a four seated car & based on Nano concept.Pixel is powered with 1200 cc engine.The ‘scissor’ doors move upwards from the front and we can easily get in or exit.Its eye catchy design & look & affordable price make it more attractive.
After launching world’s smallest 4-seater hatchback TATA Nano, TATA looked forward for anew cityoriented car TATA Pixel. TATA Pixel is claimed as world’s most package efficient 4-seater car designed for European Market whose length is around 3 meter and powered by a 1.2L, 3-Cylinder, Turbo-Charged Diesel engine.
The design of the car is so nice that it can be parked easily in a congested area. The turning radius of the Car is just 2.6 meters and the innovative diamond shaped “scissor” door technology allows the passenger to enter or exit from the car easily in a congested area as the door goes upward. The technology like Zero Turn toroidal traction-drive Infinitely Variable Transmission (IVT) makes the parking easy and makes the car as a most efficient City Car.
The car was displayed for the first time in 81st Geneva Motor show, 2011. The concept car is also expected in 2012 Auto Expo inDelhi and the expected lunch date of the car is 2014. The car claims as most fuel efficient car as it consumes 3.4 Liter for 100 Km as per NEDC and Carbon emission is just 89g/Km. TATA introduced HMI or first integrated human-machine interface concept. This technology gives the connectivity to a high level where the key functions are controlled by the driver’s Smartphone, running “My Tata Connect”.
- Engine is 1.2 litre three-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine.
- The engine is placed in backside.
- Four seat with more comfort & new scissor door system.
- Zero turn drive for better parking.
- It has CO2 emissions of just 89 gm/km .
- Optimised aerodynamic drag is also available.
- 3.4 L/100km of fuel economy.
- Length of this car is less than 3 meters.
- It gives just 2.6 metres of turning radius.
TATA Pixel Car Video
Important facts about TATA Pixel
- Displayed for the first time at the 81st Geneva Motor Show.
- Expected, the car is available for sale from 2014.
- Engine of the Car is 1.2 Liter 3-cylinder turbo charged diesel engine housed at the rear of the TATA Pixel gives a very good performance.
- Gear of the car is 4 Manual gears and Brake system of the Car is Disc Brake at front and Drum Brakes at rear.
- Features Zero Turn toroidal traction-drive Infinitely Variable Transmission
- Key functions of Tata Pixel are controlled by the driver’s smart phone, running ‘My Tata Connect’
- Low friction design, featuring variable coolant, oil pump and rapid warm-up technology.
- Optimized aerodynamic drag, low rolling-resistance tyres, stop-start technology, and intelligent battery charging technologies are introduced in this most efficient city car.
- Most package efficient four-seater in the world.
- ‘Zero turn’ drive maximizes maneuverability when parking.
- Innovative ‘scissor’ door system allows entry and exit in the tightest of spaces
- CO2 emissions of just 89 gm/km and combined cycle fuel economy of 3.4 litres/100km.
- Exterior of the Car is superb and eye-catching. A forward sweeping roofline, with minimal front and rear overhangs, accentuates the youthful styling, while the window graphic features an interchangeable island that can be used to change the exterior appearance whenever desired.
Interior of the car is quite nice and very comfortable. The car provides AC without climate control, Power steering, remote central locking, manual driver seat adjustment, optional music system, optional leather seats, both side manual door mirrors and 2 Trip meters etc. The price of new TATA Pixel in India will be around Rs. 2.25 Lakhs to Rs. 2.75 Lakhs.
You may also be interested in
11 Responses to “TATA Pixel Car Price in India”